Richmond Hotel

Manufacturer: Shenango China
User: Hotel Richmond
Distributor: The Straus Co., Richmond, VA
Date of Platter: 1920s - 1940s
Notes: Built in 1904, the 10-story Hotel Richmond of Richmond, Virginia was designed by architects Carrere & Hastings. The building is located directly across North 9th Street from the main entrance to the Virginia State Capitol and across the street from St. Paul's Episcopal Church. It served as a hotel until the 1960s, when it was purchased by the Commonwealth of Virginia for use as offices and is now called the 9th Street Office Building. When in use as a hotel, it had a roof garden, a rooftop sign, and for a time also housed the studios for WRVA radio.

White body with two dark green border lines. Topmarked with the Hotel Richmond logo or crest in green.





The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org