Emery Hotel

Manufacturer: Scammell China
User: Emery Hotel
Date: Circa 1929
Notes: The seven-story, 150-room Emery Hotel was located at 2 South Avenue and Main Street in Bradford, Pa. It opened Feb. 22, 1929 and was built by Miss Grace E. Emery and named in honor of her father, Pennsylvania State Sen. Lewis Emery, who died in 1924. The hotel closed in 1964 and was purchased by the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, and converted into a student dormitory. In 1983 it was converted into a 101-unit apartment for seniors, and renamed Emery Towers.

The design includes a convex/concave-sided shield with blue background; three red orange dots across upper part of shield; three rows of red orange checkerboard bands across lower section; crown with emerging bust of rampant unicorn above shield. Banner curved below with “Fidelis Et Suavis” with “The Emery” in red orange curved below. Blue over red orange lines mid-rim, flanking logo. Red orange verge pin line.

Photographs and information come from the collection of the Bradford Landmark Society, 45 E. Corydon St. Bradford, PA 16701. Included in their collection are pieces by both Scammell and Shenango.

See also:
Emery Hotel 2 by Shenango







Emery crest


ID contributed by L Paul

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org