Penn-Stroud Hotel

Manufacturer: Scammell China
User: Penn-Stroud Hotel
Date: 1928 - 1930
Notes: Located at the gateway of the Pocono Mountains, the first hotel built on the corner of 7th and Main streets in Stroudsburg, Pa. was the Stroudsburg House in 1833-34. The Stroudsburg House later became the Burnett House around 1875.

Over the years, several other hotels have occupied this 700 Main Street location, including the Fulmer House in the early 1900s and the Penn-Stroud Hotel in the 1920s. After extensive rennovations, the hotel reopened as the Penn-Stroud Hilton in 1971 and later was acquired by the Best Western hotel chain in 1981.

In 2011, the hotel is known as the Pocono Inne Town.

Trenton China white body with ornamental border in shades of blue, brown and tan. Topmarked Penn-Stroud in black above a multi-colored coat-of-arms crest, featuring a blue shield with small squares divided by a chevron, flanked by two rampant lions. There is a crown and scroll above the shield and a three-part latin-inscribed banner beneath the shield.

For related info:
Penn-Stroud Hotel 2 by Scammell China
Penn-Stroud Hotel 3 by Jackson China








Photos of eggcup contributed by teabear

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org