Mayer China, Beaver Falls, PA
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mayer China, Beaver Falls, PA

Bronze Member

Default Mayer China, Beaver Falls, PA

Hello:

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I found it!

I just pick up a Mayer China plate. It's numbered 461. There is a cactus on the front with the letters "PVCC." Does anyone know what this patter is?

Thanks.

Stella

Default Welcome Stella!

Good Morning Stella,

Welcome to the RWCN! I think you'll find us a helpful, friendly group.

If you have the means to post a photo, it would be most helpful for identification purposes.

I'm not knowledgable about Mayer China, personally. But I'm sure some of the others will be able to assist you.

Jeff

Platinum Member

Hi Stella,

You're undoubtedly looking at a country club plate, but there are just too many "P.... Valley Country Clubs" in existence to obtain a positive ID without a confirmation from the club itself. I immediately thought of the "Prescott Valley Country Club" in Arizona, but only because "Mayer, AZ" is the next town over! I'd normally ask where you found the plate, but often plates taken a souvenirs end up far from their original source. BTW, 461 = April, 1961. You've got some pretty good clues; year, cactus, and depending upon where you found the plate, vicinity. Now comes the fun part! And if you should run into the "GVCC" while looking for the "PVCC" let me know - we've got a lonesome, old cup looking for its former home!

Best,

Ered

Dinner In The Diner.com

Could also be the Paradise Valley Country Club in Paradise Valley, AZ. It was built in 1957.
    Bernice

Gypsy's Restaurant Ware

Bronze Member

Thank you Jeff, Ered and Bernice for your responses! I found this plate in a thrift store in Sacramento . If anyone knows someone who collects these, let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Bronze Member

Hi, I'm new here too, but looks like a good source of information.

This is a small pitcher, green design, bottom has Mayer China Beaver Falls, PA MARILYN Patented.
    A number 54 is stamped into the bottom, while 354 is stamped in ink on the bottom. Curious if this is real, because I could not find this pattern on the Mayer list of patterns site.

I was going to post a picture, but it is on my hard drive and not a URL and that is all it asked for...

Thanks for any help

Admin/Platinum/IDwiki Editor Susan Phillips's Avatar

Here's the Marilyn pattern on the RWCN's IDwiki.

Once you have three posts under your belt you'll have the permissions needed to post photos here: http://www.restaurantwarecollectors....ad.php?t=17383

Date code would be for 1954: http://www.restaurantwarecollectors....template=mayer

Bronze Member

Default Marilyn Mayer pattern

Susan,
    Thank you so much. That is perfect.

Bronze Member

Have a plain white pitcher made by Mayer China. Only marking on it is "Mayer China EST. 1881". I need to know when it was made..
    Last edited by carasel; 09-21-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: mispelled word..

Moderator/Platinum Member jerseygirl's Avatar

Hi Robin -- I moved your post to its own thread named Mayer China Backstamp Dating. Your pitcher dates from the 1930s - early 40s.

Stephanie

My auctions
    Visit my store JerseyGirl's Ship 2 Shore Treasures

+ Reply to Thread