Seaside House

Manufacturer: Maddock Pottery Co.
User: Seaside House
Date: 1890S - circa 1911
Notes: Seaside House was located on Pennsylvania Avenue at the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The first Seaside House opened in 1861 and closed in 1892. The second Seaside House on the site, with five stories and approximately 125 rooms, was built circa 1888 and torn down in the 1950s. The 3rd Seaside House was built behind the 2nd Seaside, on the same site, and opened in 1927, with 10 floors and 300 rooms. Thus, the second Seaside House and third Seaside House were operating at the same time.

When the second Seaside was torn down in the 1950s, it was replaced with a three story motel. The hotel/motel became part of the Sheraton Chain in 1972; and was demolished in 1984.

The Seaside House was listed in Hotel Red Books as being owned/operated by F. P. Cook's Sons, from 1909 through 1929.

White body, oval serving bowl. Green band on rim with green hotel logo with a sea horse in the center. Banner with F. P. Cook's Sons below.

Sources:
Larry Paul's 20th Century Hotel Research Database
Hotel Red Books






ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org