Secor Hotel

Manufacturer: Scammell China
User: Hotel Secor
Date: 1928 - 1930
Notes: Located at 425 Jefferson Avenue in Toledo, Ohio, the ten-story, 400-room Secor Hotel opened August 1, 1908, under the management and operation of the Wallick Brothers. The hotel was named after prominent businessman Jay K. Secor, who originally built and owned the building.

In 1927, it was listed as the Hotel Secor-Wallick. In 1929, it was back to the Hotel Secor and part of the Keenan Hotel chain. It changed hands again by 1935 and was part of the DeWitt Hotel chain.

The hotel is not listed after 1969 in the Hotel Red Book. According to emporis, the building has been used as a school and commercial space and is still standing.

Lamberton China white body with an orange band and black line on rim. The logo is a wreath of bell flowers with a gold bow, and the initials HS in orange. Toledo is printed under the logo.





ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware
Add'l information contributed by Babcock

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org