Love's Cafe

Manufacturer: John Maddock & Sons, Ltd., England
User: Love's Cafe
Date: circa 1915 - 1942
Notes: Inducted to the British Columbia Restaurant Hall of Fame in April 2008, Love's Cafe was founded by Bert Love, who left England in 1913 bound for Australia, but then chose to stay in Vancouver and setup his first fish and chips shop on Fraser Street.

Bert later opened Love's Cafe at 779 Granville Street, which remained in business until 1942. Love's Cafe was a popular neighborhood venue, which competed succesffully against other popular neighborhood venues, including Scott's Cafe, the Honeydew and the Peter Pan.

Bert's sons, Herbert and Lloyd later opened Love's Skillet in 1950, and in 1951, Lloyd opened Oscar's Fish and Chips restaurant. Love's Skillet remained in business until 1973.

Source: BC Restaurant Hall of Fame with Bert Love's video biography

White body with dark green multi-line border. Topmarked with the Love's Cafe logo of a green-ribboned red-bordered medal featuring a sailing ship, along with the words: "THE QUEST FOR THE BEST ENDS AT LOVE'S CAFE"






ID and butterpat photos contributed by kathleen
Creamer photo contributed by CarolCardona

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org