Breakwater Court

Manufacturer: Syracuse China
User: Breakwater Court
Date: circa 1920s
Notes: The Breakwater Court, Kennebunkport, Maine was originally the Ocean Bluff Hotel built in 1873 and was four stories which could house 200 guests; it burned in 1898. In 1914, the Breakwater Court was built and could accommodate 250 guests. In 1948, it was bought by George Broughton and renamed The Colony Hotel and is now on the register of Historic Hotels of America.

White body with green decal of tall sailing ship over crossed anchors inside wreath and two green lines ending in curlicues with one red line between. Unmarked as to manufacturer except for impressed 1 on the bottom, known to be used by Syracuse.

For related info:
Colony Hotel by Sterling China




The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org