Buffalo Athletic Club

Manufacturer: Buffalo China
User: Buffalo Athletic Club
Date: 1915-1940s
Notes: In 1889, the club's first building was located at Washington and Mohawk Streets in the old Trinity Church/Liedertafel Hall building in Buffalo, N.Y. Original cost was $11,000 for the building and there were 550 members. By 1923 the membership had grown to 2,500 and in 1924 a new building was constructed in Niagara Square at 69 Delaware Avenue., complete with dining room and lounge. Architect Edward B. Green designed the building in a Colonial Revival style, but many of the rooms have a Moorish quality, with graceful arches in the entry hall, lounge and grill room.

The new Buffalo Athletic Club continues in this location today.

Buffalo head with AC on either side. The rim treatment consists of acorns and leaves with Greek key spacers, all in muted shades of brown and aquamarine.

For related info:
Buffalo Athletic Club 2

For more information:
http://www.buffaloah.com/a/del/69/index.html
http://www.buffaloathletic.com/conte...?ContentId=571







ID and photos contributed by reddygal

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at vaultwiki.org