Bond Hotels 3

Manufacturer: Mayer China
User: Bond Hotels
Date: 1962
Notes: The 12-story, 135' tall, Bond Hotel opened in 1913 at 338 Asylum Street in Hartford, Connecticut. In 1920, a 6-story, 85' tall wing was added at 324 - 336 Asylum street and a grand reopening of the 450-room Hotel Bond was held in 1921.

In 1918 the proprietor, Harry S. Bond added the 275-room Bond Annex at 354 Church Street; and shortly after that the 200-room Bondmore Hotel at 159 Allen Street.

The 5,000 sq.ft. Grand Ballroom on the top floor of the Bond Hotel with its 30-foot ceiling and huge Palladian windows that overlooked Hartford became the place to be.

The hotel closed in the early 1980s and sat for many years, although the Ballroom was still used for weddings and the such. The Ballroom was renovated in 2000 and reopened in Sept. 2001.

The rest of the hotel has been renovated and is now (2006) the Homeward Suites run by Hilton Hotels.

For related info:
Bond Hotels 2 by Syracuse China
Bond Hotels by Scammell China

In the photo below, the service plate was made by Mayer in 1962. The design consists of dark or navy blue bunting or swags draped around the border with medallions of the same color. Syracuse China named this border pattern Adolphus and patented it on March 11, 1913. It is unknown if Mayer named it or merely copied it for Bond Hotels. The detail shows the hand holding a sword and the crest with convoluted BH monogram with The Bond Hotels below in san serif blue font.

ID and photos contributed by dbstoneware

The IDwiki was Originally built by VaultWiki
A special thanks to the team at